Cricket at Werribee Indoor Sports
For nearly 30 years people have been enjoying playing indoor cricket at Werribee Indoor Sports Centre. With up to 5 Flood lit Indoor Cricket Courts with competitions for Seniors (both mens and mixed), Juniors.
We have the best social indoor cricket competition in the Western suburbs and have teams from backgrounds. You will get to play regularly with or against players originating from Australia, India, NZ, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, South Africa, England and more….
Here are the details of what we offer:
- 5 Flood Lit Indoor cricket Courts to play a weekly competition of 6 or 8 a side.
- Game days Tuesday or Wednesday evenings (6.30 Pm to 10 PM) Each game is around 1 Hour.
- If you have a team of 6 or 8, great! you can enter the competition any time. If you are a single or few players – no issues, we will find you a team. We will also teach you the rules.
- Enjoy a game and don’t worry about the weather – you can even enjoy a drink at our sports bar after the games!
- No registration fees charged.
- Prizes up from grabs for grand final winners – Movie vouchers, Trophies, restaurant vouchers, sports packs etc.
As well as the traditional eight a side competitions we also cater for six a side games.
Both 6 and 8 a side games provide a high scoring simplistic format that makes an exciting game to be enjoyed by people of all ages, both Men & Mixed.
Just as in outdoor cricket the basic skills of running, hitting, fielding & throwing are the backbone of the game. Indoor Cricket has something to offer everyone.
Indoor cricket is a dynamic sport played all year round right across the world, and is the ultimate sport for fun and action!
Indoor cricket at Werribee Indoor is competitive and athletic in an enjoyable and social environment. We cater for males and females of all ages and abilities. We also have a great social area for friends and family to enjoy.
Indoor cricket is unique because all players participate equally by each batting for four overs and bowling two overs. Another advantage of indoor cricket is that there is limited need for protective gear as the ball has a foam-filled centre and thus is considerably softer than a regular cricket ball.
Indoor cricket is a great 1¼ hours entertainment with the added bonus that if you get out, you only lose 5 runs and can keep on batting. You are also guaranteed a game each week… we’re never rained out!!
Junior Indoor Cricket
Werribee Indoor Sports runs Junior Indoor Cricket. The the Junior Indoor Cricket page for more details.
Read some more information on the game of Indoor Cricket.